Hello 2016! January has arrived. ‘Tis the season for fresh resolutions, a bit of snow in Northeast Ohio, and a fresh semester of youth ministry for Saint Hilary Life Teen.
Without further ado, here is a recap from my December goals: I accomplished 4/5. Thanks to a few glasses of wine, some upbeat Christmas music, and a few long nights we mailed out the last of our wedding thank you cards. We are incredibly grateful for the generosity of our family and friends in helping us fill our first, quaint married home. We also mailed our personal Christmas cards! We celebrated my 26th birthday by having brunch at Townhall in Ohio City and picking up cassata cake at the West Side Market. I finished reading Mercy in the City by Kerry Weber. It was such a delight. If you’d like to know more about it– feel free to ask.
I was not able to select photos for our wedding album this month. That goal seemed to slip away from me. I think the reason I have been putting this off is because I love all of our photos and I am nervous to choose just 100. Thus — I shall keep it on the list for this month.
This month, I hope to:
- Select the photos for our wedding album
- Visit our best man, his wife, and their sweet daughter in Cincinnati for New Years
- Safely store and organize all of our Christmas decorations
- Travel to Washington, DC for the March for Life
- Register my teens for the Steubenville Youth Conference
- Hand write and mail four letters/cards to people I love
- Establish an apartment cleaning routine