Today on the blog I am sharing my 15 favorite photos from 2015. I had such a great year. I’m excited to share bits of it with y’all!
- It didn’t just rain, it poured during our 1st scheduled engagement photo session. We didn’t let that stop us from having an awesome evening. We dawned our rain coats and went out for a nice date night. Funny enough, this ended up being our favorite photo from the entire year.
- I had my hair and makeup done for our engagement photos. I felt so beautiful! Lucia’s on Main Street in Hudson was such a treat. Their staff is talented and friendly. They are also a no-tip salon, which I love!
- We had our engagement photos taken by Sarah Renee Studios. Seriously – they could not have turned out more beautiful! It turned out it was okay we had to reschedule, because in the end everything was perfect. Here is my favorite… the glowy light! I die. She is one talented photographer. If you are in Northeast Ohio, I highly recommend checking her out.
- Each year, Saint Hilary Life Teen organizes a performance of the Stations of the Cross on Good Friday. We practice for 6 weeks before hand, cast roles prayerfully, and put all of our energy into remembering the Lord’s Passion. This photo is our group before our performance.
- Steven and I went to a few weddings this summer. This is my absolute favorite photo from any of them. We were relaxed and happy, chilling in our sunglasses before heading into the reception.
- We love races! We finished the Cleveland Half Marathon together – our second half. Cheers to many more!
- I visited one of my sweet, sweet teens during adoration at Catholic Youth Summer Camp. Check out this monstrance by the sunset. God is so good! I have chills remembering how beautiful and moving this moment in time was.
- I cannot speak enough good words about the West Side Market. Steven and I try and go as often as we can to support the local farmers. The food is delicious, reasonably priced, and the vendors are friendly and helpful.
- We love North Coast Spirit TEC, a retreat for teens to find deeper purpose and meaning in their relationship with Jesus Christ. We will forever sing the praises of this retreat! I am working the January Retreat weekend and I cannot wait to experience the Holy Spirit moving and transforming the hearts of each teen present.
- This summer we took a spontaneous adventure to Niagara Falls after we went to a friend’s wedding at Peak ‘n Peak. It was the perfect road trip – lots of laughter, yummy snacks, an adventure into Canada, and great road tripping music.
- Here is a photo of wedding bands with our wedding flowers – this photo just blows me away. Our bands were made by a sweet local jeweler who put such care into making them just perfectly and our flowers were made from a local Catholic florist whom I just adore with my whole heart. I just love visiting her to talk about Jesus and seeing all the pretty flowers in her shop. Check out Taylor Made Jewelry in Akron and Baumann’s Florist in Stow, Ohio.
- Our beautiful, beautiful wedding ceremony and first kiss as Mr and Mrs! Thank you Sarah Renee Studios for capturing this awesome moment in time.
- I loved our first dance! I could have danced with my sweet husband all night long. Carrie Cerino’s was the perfect venue for our humble reception. Their service was unmatched and it allowed us to relax and enjoy our wedding night with no stress or anxiety. I am forever grateful.
- We had the most magical Disneymoon!
- We celebrated our first Thanksgiving as Mr and Mrs! The dog, Jelly Bean, is my parent’s – but we just adore her and cannot wait to get our own pup some day! It’ll be a goldendoodle named after a Harry Potter character. I cannot wait for that day to come. ❤
I am thankful for my blessings this year, especially family and friends who have stood by us as we prepared for and entered into the sacrament of marriage. I am looking forward to this Christmas and being surrounded by those who we love and care for most.
Many blessings to you and yours! Cheers to 2016.